Garmin Astro 320 – Garmin Astro 320 is the premier high-sensitivity GPS-enabled tracking system for sporting dogs. This unique system pinpoints your dog’s position and shows you exactly where he is, even when you can’t see or hear him. The new Astro 320 handheld GPS device has features that hunters have been asking for – like increased range, a simplified user interface and must-have mapping capability.
Reviews : Be the first to review this item.
Brand : Garmin
Model : Astro 320
List Price :
Our Price : Check Discount Price
Garmin Astro 320 Description
- Fully rubberized outer coating with an over molding
- Improved rubber around the RF antenna
- New power button location
- New keypad design.
- New location of the lanyard attachment
- New battery cap features the Garmin “backbone” design.
- 1.7 Gigs Onboard Memory
- Includes 13-inch Long Range Flex Antenna – Double the range of the standard antenna
- 3-axis compass
- New Dog Set Up Menu
- Universal dog settings including Update Rates and Dog types
- World wide DEM basemap.
- Backwards Compatible all DC 20, 30, and 40 collars.
- Dog Trails: Choose from three views: Complete History, Partial History, or no Trail History.
- Show / Hide Dog Status on Map screen
- Show / Hide Dog Distance on Map screen
- Show / Hide Dog Names on Map screen
- Show / Hide Offscreen Dogs on Map screen
- Zoom to MAP DOGS – automatically have all dog appear on our map screen — no matter how far they are from you.
- Power Button control screen – including button lock feature
- Dog Alerts – tone only, vibration only or Tone and Vibration.
- Wireless sharing of Dog info to other 320 handheld units
- Bird’s Eye View Satellite Imagery (Subscription Ready) – import satellite imagery or your own custom maps
Physical Changes to the New Garmin Astro 320 Handheld
The Garmin 320 features a new body type based on the Garmin 62ST, where the original 220 was based on the Garmin 60. The 320 will be a similar size and shape for Astro users. It has a fully rubberized outer coating with an over molding, making it a little easier to grip. The non rubber exterior is trimmed in orange in place of green on the original, which is nice in a hunting environment. It’s also going to stand out a little bit better if you set it down somewhere or drop it in the grass.
Along with the over molding is an improvement in the rubber around the RF antenna. One of the problems with the 220 was that changing antennas on a regular basis would tear the rubber around the antenna. This fixes that issue.
The power button on the Astro 320 is located on the right side of the handheld. I like this change since it is a more convenient location. The power button on the original 220 is in between the GPS antenna and the radio frequency antenna. It’s a clumsy, hard to reach position.
The new keypad design on the 320 has the exact same button set up as the original, but the new buttons are raised slightly higher and they’re square instead or rounded. The overall keypad is a little bit bigger, especially the arrow keys. Several of the lower buttons are also larger. This should help make the unit a little easier to operate when you are wearing glove
One of my favorite changes is the new location of the lanyard attachment. On the Astro 220, the lanyard attachment is on the left side toward the top.
No matter how you wear it, the handheld faces away from you. When you grab it, you have to turn the unit back in the right direction to see the screen. The Garmin Astro 320 Bundle lanyard attachment location is at the bottom of the unit. You are able to strap in and hold the unit facing down on your body. This way I can just pick it up and look at it with out having to turn it. When I am finished, I can let go of it and it goes right back into position.
The Lanyard attachment is also much wider than the original. This will open up some options on new attachments that will make the unit easier to carry and more secure.
Along with the new lanyard changes, the battery cap on the back of the 320 features the Garmin “backbone” design. It’s designed to work with certain Garmin accessories that snap onto it. This will also open up a bunch of new ways to carry your handheld.
Overall, Garmin’s new Astro 320 dog tracker — a handheld GPS device designed to help hunters keep even closer tabs on their four-legged sentries. So, get Today Best Price on Garmin Astro 320.